Thursday, February 5, 2009

Long time ... no post!

OK. So it's been more than a year since the last time I posted anything. Hey, life gets away from me sometimes. Well, most of the time. Just because I haven't posted doesn't mean I haven't been working on my knitting, crocheting and other craft skills. I've taken up beading -- thanks to my sister Amy and her wonderful bead store: Busy Beaders. (www.busybeaders.biz)

I have completed many projects -- cowboy hats, backpacks, purses, market bags, socks, blankets, scarves -- a little bit of everything. I also finished a jacket I was making for my sister-in-law. Took me more than a year, but I finally got it done in time to give it to her for Christmas. Not too shabby, if I say so myself!

I am now working about 20 hours a week at Busy Beaders (www.busybeaders.biz). So I'm getting kids ready for school right now as well as myself ready for work. It's fun and I get to play with shiny things, so that's always fun. I've learned some new skills, too. Micro macrame, for one. I'm even going to teach a class for it at the store -- if anyone signs up for it. I've also been doing some bead weaving and wire weaving. The bead weaving is pretty standrad stuff, but the wire weaving is leaving me with sore hands. I'm not sure if I'll be able to keep up with that. I wove a necklace last night and am now having trouble typing because my thumb is so sore.

I've also been doing a lot of work for church. We had to let our secretary go because we just didn't have the money to pay her, so I'm trying to do what I can to help out in the office. Another congregation member and I take turns doing the weekly worship bulletin. That has been fun, even if it can be tedious sometimes. I'm still designing our church's monthly newsletter and am now trying to kleep the Web site up to date (www.zionlutheranwj.org). We're in the process of looking for a new pastor. That can be difficult, but I think we'll do fine.

I did write an article for the Ohio State Alumni Magazine. I'll reproduce it here sometime soon and post the picture that accompanied it -- One of the best family pictures we've had taken in awhile.

That's it for now -- keep stitching!

No comments: